Used Lexus ECU Engines
All used Lexus ECU Engines listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ECU Engines
A Lexus ECU (Engine Control Unit) is an electronic control system that manages and regulates the engine performance and efficiency via a series of actuators and sensors.
The ECU processes real time data taken from sensors such as air intake, exhaust gas, throttle position and crankshaft position, compares it to a ‘map’ or ‘lookup table’ and then adjusts components accordingly via actuators. Adjustments include changes to the engines timing, fuel/air mix and idle speed.
Some Engine Control Units also handle additional elements such as cruise control, anti-theft and anti-skid.
Lexus ECU’s are located within the dashboard or engine bay. It is often possible to ‘read’ or interrogate your cars ECU using a laptop computer with relevant software and cable or a dedicated reader via a connection port which is usually located in the dashboard. This method is used by mechanics for diagnosis of engine faults.
Like any electronic component, an ECU can fail for a number of reasons including short circuits, dry solder joints, water damage or age. Diagnosis is generally much easier with the correct reader which can be used to obtain error codes from the ECU. Bad data from failed or degraded sensors are also common cause of ECU related faults.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.