Used Lexus ECU Transmission Control Units
All used Lexus ECU Transmission Control Units listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About ECU Transmission Control Units
The Lexus ECU transmission control unit is an on-board computer which electronically controls the transmission of the vehicle. TCUs can be separate from, or in this case, attached to the ECU. The Lexus ECU Transmission Control unit contacts sensors that are placed around the vehicle to receive data in order to accurately calculate when to change gears and which gear to use as well as improve fuel economy and drive quality.
These sensors include the vehicle speed sensor, the wheel speed sensor, the throttle position sensor, the turbine speed sensor and the transmission fluid sensor. The TCU also uses data sent from the ECU. This controls and maintains the efficient running of the engine as well as scanning for any abnormalities in its function.
If a Lexus ECU transmission control unit begins to fail, you may notice a loss of power, error message or difficulty in changing gears. This problem can be intermittent at first, and can sometimes be rectified temporarily by turning off your car and turning it back on again after a short while. Ultimately though, any damage to a Lexus ECU transmission control unit will need to be repaired to correct the fault.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.