Find parts for your car
Used Lexus EGR Gaskets
All used Lexus EGR Gaskets listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About EGR Gaskets
The Lexus EGR gasket functions to act as a sealant to the EGR valve, ensuring a tight seal is maintained between the EGR valve and the engine.
An EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is fitted to reduce a car's Nitrogen Oxide emissions. It does this by recirculating some of the engine's exhaust gas back into the engine as this helps to reduce the combustion temperature and therefore the amount of Nitrogen Oxide produced by the engine.
The EGR valve is located between the exhaust and inlet manifold usually on the back of the engine. Often made of rubber or an asbestos mix, sandwiched between the EGR valve and the manifolds, acting as a sealant, is the EGR gasket. The EGR valve is responsible for recirculating or re directing exhaust gases back into the engine through the inlet manifold. The EGR valve is generally controlled or regulated by pressure or VAC lines to ensure that it is opened and closed at the correct time.
The EGR gasket can become worn over time and if frayed, ripped, or falling apart it should be replaced as soon as possible. If there is a problem with the EGR system, the Check Engine warning light should illuminate on the dashboard. Signs of a faulty EGR gasket can include an engine that struggles when idling; a stuttering, shaking engine; an engine that is stalling; and a loss of power when accelerating. To be certain the exact cause of the fault is properly diagnosed it is always a good idea to seek the advice of your mechanic. When replacing this part, choosing to fit the Lexus EGR gasket will guarantee you get a part that is completely compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.