Used Lexus Fuel Cap Locks
All used Lexus Fuel Cap Locks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Fuel Cap Locks
Part of your car's security system, the Lexus fuel cap lock enables you to lock the fuel cap on your vehicle.
The Lexus fuel cap is a small cap that covers the hole where you put the fuel into a vehicle. The fuel cap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the fuel tank. The Lexus fuel cap lock provides peace of mind when leaving your car parked unattended, restricting access to the fuel cap.
Usually made of plastic, fuel caps usually just clip or press into place over the opening. The fuel cap can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing. The Lexus fuel cap lock ensures that the fuel cap cannot be removed without the use of the designated key, helping to secure the fuel tank and therefore the fuel inside it. The Lexus fuel cap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the fuel pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the fuel filters. It also functions to stop fuel from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Lexus fuel cap also prevents others from accessing your fuel supply and siphoning the fuel. Having a lock on your fuel cap ensures the fuel cap stays locked tight, enabling the fuel cap to do its job properly.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage, caused by rust, for example, or loss of the key which opens the lock on the fuel cap. Purchasing a Lexus fuel cap lock will ensure the part fits perfectly with the Lexus fuel cap and the make and model of your vehicle.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.