Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Gear Box ECUs
All used Lexus Gear Box ECUs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Box ECUs
The Lexus gear box ECU (sometimes known as a Transmission Control Unit) is an essential part of the gear box in an automatic vehicle, and monitors and controls the gear changes and transmission. This electrical part communicates with the engine ECU using a series of sensors that are positioned at strategic points in the vehicle. Using the information given to it by the sensors and the engine ECU it calculates when to change the vehicle’s gears to improve vehicle performance and minimise fuel consumption. These sensors tell the Lexus gear box ECU what speed the vehicle is driving at, whether it is driving uphill or downhill, the temperature of the oil and the amount of torque generated by the torque converter.
Some vehicles have a combined Lexus gear box ECU and engine ECU, known as a powertrain control module (PCM).
Damage to the Lexus gear box ECU is likely down to the solenoids – magnetic wire coils that transport electric current. If your vehicle experiences problems with the Lexus gear box ECU you may first notice a warning code displayed in your vehicle. If ignored, the gear box can fail resulting in an inability to change gears.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.