Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Gear Selectors
All used Lexus Gear Selectors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Selectors
The Lexus gear selector is the part of your gear box that selects gears in an automatic vehicle. The Lexus gear selector attaches to the gear stick and consists of a barrel with selector gates in it. This barrel is attached to three selector rods with notched grooves cut out of them. These rods are supported in the gearbox housing.
There are selection forks that are positioned on these rods and slide along with the rods movement. When a selection fork is moved it is pushed towards a gearwheel. The teeth of this gearwheel meet the teeth of a dog-clutch hub. This causes the power to flow to the gear and allows the gear to be selected.
Problems with the Lexus gear selector can result in difficulty in finding gears. The gears may also slip, meaning a vehicle that is driving in one gear suddenly changes to another. This may or may not be accompanied with the smell of burning. You may also notice a warning light on the dashboard alerting you to a gearbox problem.
Issues could be caused by faulty solenoids or wiring to the gearbox. Any issues with the transmission should be rectified immediately.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.