Used Lexus Gear Sticks
All used Lexus Gear Sticks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gear Sticks
The Lexus gear stick is a metal lever that attaches to the gearbox in a manual vehicle. It is usually located between the front passenger and driver seat and is on the left hand side of the driver in a UK standard vehicle and is used by the driver to change gears whilst driving. Some vehicles, particularly those in the United States, have gear sticks that are attached to the steering column.
To operate the Lexus gear stick, the driver should depress the clutch pedal. This disengages the engine and enables the vehicle to change gears.
On top of the Lexus gear stick is a gear knob, which has a diagram of the positions of the gears on the top of it for the driver’s convenience. For the driver to change gears he/she has to move the Lexus gear stick in the relevant directions shown by the diagram. They will feel the gear engaging when the Lexus gear stick pushes in to place.
Some 4 x 4s use a second Lexus gear stick which engages another gearbox for off-road terrain.
Problems with the Lexus gear stick may result in an inability to change gears.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.