Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Gearbox Mounts
All used Lexus Gearbox Mounts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox Mounts
The Lexus gearbox mount is an essential part of the vehicle’s gearbox and is used to support the driveshaft in the vehicle. The driveshaft connects with the rear vehicle axle and spins along with the engine to operate the vehicle’s gears. The Lexus gearbox mount helps to stabilise the vehicle’s gearbox and keeps it properly aligned in the vehicle. If the gearbox is incorrectly positioned in the vehicle the driveshaft will not be able to enter the transmission correctly, resulting in an inability to change gears easily. These Lexus gearbox mounts hold the weight of the majority of the gearbox. If a Lexus gearbox mount fails it may cause the gearbox housing to crack and become damaged.
It is recommended that if a Lexus gearbox mount fails it is replaced with its pair. If one mount has failed, it is likely that the other will be taking an unnatural amount of pressure and will most likely be near the end of its life too. With a failed Lexus gearbox mount, you may be able to hear a loud vibration or a clanking noise coming from the vehicle as the gearbox will be able to move considerably.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.