Used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Manuals
All used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Manuals listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox Transmission Manuals
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car and consists of the clutch, gearbox, drive shaft, universal joints, rear axle and wheel. The Lexus manual transmission gearbox comes into play by enabling the driver to select the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible.
The Lexus manual transmission gearbox is normally attached by bolts to the back of the engine, next to the clutch.
In a manual transmission gearbox, the driver controls the gears manually by releasing the accelerator pedal whilst pressing the clutch foot pedal and engaging the correct gear for the driving conditions and speed. Then the clutch is released and pressure reapplied on the accelerator. The correct gear is selected by hand, using a gear stick, which operates the gear linkage (a series of levers and rods) enabling the correct gear to be engaged. A driver of a car with a manual gearbox can normally select from between four to six forward gears, one reverse gear and neutral position.
The Lexus manual transmission gearbox tends to be more fuel efficient than automatic or continuously variable gearbox transmissions. The Lexus gearbox manual transmission, although built to last and easy to maintain with proper care and attention, will wear out and need replacing. Careless driving, such as choosing the wrong gear by mistake, can speed up wear and tear and cause damage to the Lexus manual transmission gearbox.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.