Used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds
All used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds
The Lexus gearbox transmission selespeed is a manual electro-hydraulic transmission used in Alfa Romeo vehicles and was first introduced in 1999. Whilst the transmission is manual, it also features an electronic clutch.
The Lexus gearbox transmission selespeed has an unusual setup that is operated by using either paddles on the steering wheel to control the gears or using a joystick to select them. This choice is down to personal preference for the driver who can choose to use one or both during the drive. The joystick is given priority over the paddles by the vehicle. With the paddle system, there is a left paddle that shifts gears down and a right paddle which shifts gears upwards. The inner workings of the Lexus gearbox transmission selespeed operates in a similar way to a normal gearbox.
The Lexus gearbox transmission selespeed can be prone to failure, which are most commonly associated with the selenoids or the sensors. Signs of failure can include a difficulty in changing gears to the required gear, an inability to move out of neutral or total gearbox failure. Other issues could be caused by a selespeed pump failure, which can blow the selespeed fuse.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.