Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Tiptronics
All used Lexus Gearbox Transmission Tiptronics listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox Transmission Tiptronics
The Lexus Tiptronic gearbox transmission is a transmission that is a hybrid of manual and automatic functions, and is sometimes known as a ‘manumatic’ transmission. The Lexus Tiptronic gearbox transmission is predominately automatic, but allows the driver to select gears using a steering wheel mounted paddle system or a joystick in place of a gear stick by overriding the automatic gear selector. Often, however, the Lexus Tiptronic gearbox transmission will use on-board intelligence to make sensible decisions to protect the vehicle and its engine. These include moving up through gears 1 and 2 after starting the vehicle and moving back through gears when decelerating.
The Lexus Tiptronic gearbox transmission was originally designed by Porsche and its technology is used by various other car manufacturers. The benefits of using an automatic transmission mean that it is controlled by an ECU. This on-board computer can learn the driver’s driving style and adapt the gear changes accordingly.
Problems with the Lexus Tiptronic gearbox transmission can be caused by problems with the ECU. This on-board brain of the transmission uses sensors to make its decisions. Failure of a sensor can cause gearbox issues. Other problems may arise from faulty solenoids.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.