Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Half Propshafts
All used Lexus Half Propshafts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Half Propshafts
The Lexus half propshaft is used on vehicles where there are two axles at the front of the vehicle (Front wheel drive). They are so called because the run the width of half of the car and are connected from a mid-point of the vehicle called the trans-axle to each front wheel of the vehicle.
The Lexus half propshaft is connected to the front wheel and the transaxle using CV joints, which are ball and socket joints. These joints are covered with CV boots. These are rubber cases that cover the CV joints and contain a lubricant to keep the joint moving smoothly with the movement of the vehicle. Because these are made from rubber, they are prone to deterioration and cracking, which means the CV joint grease will become contaminated with dirt and debris, causing friction on the joints.
If this occurs, the CV joint will become damaged, causing movement in the Lexus half propshaft. A replacement CV joint and boot will be required. It’s often cheaper and less time-consuming to replace the whole Lexus half propshaft and the CV joint and CV boot in one go, so many mechanics will go for this option.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.