Used Lexus Hood & Frames
All used Lexus Hood & Frames listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Hood & Frames
One of the more popular types of convertible designs on older vehicles is the soft top Lexushood and frame. In this type of vehicle, the hood, which is usually made of some type of fabric, is attached to the hood frame. As with most vehicle parts, the mechanical parts of the frame and the fabric of the hood tend to wear and tear. The hood, because it is made of fabric is also relatively easy to damage.
In the event that either the hood frame or the hood itself is damaged and requires replacement there are two possibilities. One or other of the individual components can be replaced, although, whilst this is the less expensive option, it will mean that one part of the convertible roof assembly will be much older than the other. A better alternative might be to invest in a complete Lexushood and frame replacement kit. This has the advantage of creating an entirely new roof assembly, both parts of which are likely to survive for some time into the future.
LexusHood and frame kits are relatively inexpensive and are easily accessed through one of the many motor component retailers and a Lexusnew hood and frame can transform the appearance of an aging convertible.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.