Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Petrol Flaps
All used Lexus Petrol Flaps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Petrol Flaps
The Lexus petrol flap is a flap or covering which conceals the hole where you put the petrol into a vehicle. The petrol flap protects and covers the top of the pipe that connects to the petrol tank.
Usually made of plastic, aluminium or steel, petrol flaps are often mounted on a hinge or function with a spring mechanism. The petrol flap looks a bit like a miniature door and can be located on either side of the vehicle, towards the back, often on the quarter panel or rear wing. Usually lockable, sometimes linked up to the car's central locking system, the petrol flap gives peace of mind when leaving your vehicle parked unattended.
The Lexus petrol flap serves to prevent dirt, dust and other unwanted debris from entering the petrol pipe and potentially clogging up and damaging the filters. It also functions to stop petrol from spilling, leaking and evaporating out of the vehicle. The Lexus petrol flap also prevents others from accessing your petrol supply and siphoning the fuel.
Usual reasons for replacing this part is damage to the petrol flap or the opening mechanism. Purchasing a Lexus petrol flap will ensure the part fits perfectly with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Prince Albert II of Monaco used a Lexus 600h L Landaulet as the official car for his wedding. The car came with a transparent, one-piece roof, and the vehicle took 2000 hours to prepare for the event.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.