Used Lexus A Posts
All used Lexus A Posts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About A Posts
The posts in a vehicle are the almost vertical structural pillars that support the window, door and roof area of a car and connect the roof of the vehicle with the base of the frame. These supporting posts are labelled A post, B post and C post. In larger cars there is also a D Post.
Usually steel or alumnium, the posts in a car are solid structures, which are welded at one end to the car's frame and at the other to the roof panel and are positioned between the windows or doors. The Lexus A post is the pillar at the front end of the car, supporting the windscreen and front door/window. The specific design of the A post will vary depending on the design of the car. Some A posts have been manufactured to be slimmer and tapered to help improve the driver's line of sight. The A post on the car interior is usually upholstered with cloth, leather or suede to match the rest of the car's interior design.
Supporting the vehicle's roof and door, the Lexus A post plays an important role structurally in the overall safety of the car and its occupants. The A posts have a vital role to play in a collision by adding structure to and protecting the passenger area of the car, preventing it from crumpling, while absorbing some of the impact of a side collision.
A common reason for A post replacement is damage received in an accident. Buying a new Lexus A post will give you a part that's compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, ensuring this important structural body part can perform properly.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.