Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Propshafts
All used Lexus Propshafts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The Lexus propshaft is a key part of an automatic vehicle’s transmission and is attached to the gearbox using a propshaft coupling. This coupling is usually a two-piece rubber doughnut shaped gaiter with metal bushings inside that connects the propshaft. The Lexus propshaft can be attached to the gearbox using a variety of different fixings such as nuts and bolts or cap screws. The ends of the Lexus propshaft can either be parallel or tapered - this will influence which fixing is used.
Lexus propshaft failures can happen for a variety of reasons but most common is general wear to the propshaft coupling especially in rubber couplings. If the propshaft coupling becomes damaged it will cause excess play in the Lexus propshaft. This play can twist the pipe.
Other causes for damage to the Lexus propshaft could be road hazards denting the tube of the Lexus propshaft. It’s also possible for the Lexus propshaft to shear in half if it has been rubbing against another part of the vehicle possibly through incorrect installation of the Lexus propshaft or nearby parts.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.