Used Lexus Roof Soft Top Motors
All used Lexus Roof Soft Top Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Roof Soft Top Motors
Whilst the roofs of many soft top convertible cars are retracted manually, in others - particularly more modern vehicles - the roof is raised and lowered with the assistance of an electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor.
To operate the raising and lowering of the roof involves engaging a power switch. Certain fabric roofs have a set of clips to secure the roof in place and keep it water -tight. These need to be unfastened before lowering the roof. When the switch is engaged, the electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor causes a gear to turn on each side of the car, which drives the roof open. These gears are connected to a bracket which, in turn, connects to the roof itself.
The roof is constructed using various brackets and arms which, when the opening mechanism is engaged, fold inside the roof’s structure and unfold when the roof is closed.
The soft top roof motor makes the process of operating a soft top roof quicker and easier than doing it manually. Many vehicles with a soft top roof motor do allow manual operation in the event that the motor breaks down. Replacement motors may be purchased but they can be an expensive component and the fitting can be complicated, sometimes requiring the complete removal of the soft top.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.