Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Shark Fin Antennas
All used Lexus Shark Fin Antennas listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Shark Fin Antennas
The Lexus shark fin antenna receives radio waves so that you can listen to the radio in your car. Often shark fin antennas have GPS satellite and Wi-Fi and cellular capabilities also, and are able to provide satellite Internet access, satellite phone, satellite radio, satellite television and satellite navigation, dependent upon the manufacturers specifications and the make and model of the vehicle. Some models are fitted for aesthetic reasons alone and are basically fake aerials, chosen by car owners for the sleek shark fin design and a quick and easy way to add a new look and customise a vehicle.
Housed in a moulded plastic casing, shaped in the eye catching shark fin shape, a shark fin antenna is often mounted on the roof, towards either the front or back of the vehicle. The Lexus shark fin antenna is often a favourite with drivers when customising a vehicle and is chosen for reasons of design and the sleek, streamlined look it gives to the car. More robust than a traditional aerial, the shark fin antenna is less likely to get accidentally broken off or damaged at high speeds. Contoured in that iconic shark fin shape, the Lexus shark fin aerial is also a popular choice because its shape is considered to be more aerodynamic and can assist with the overall fuel efficiency of the car.
This product is normally fitted by unscrewing the original antenna and replacing it with the shark fin antenna. Usually secured with screws, the shark fin antenna is connected to the original antenna base with coiled wire which conducts the signal needed. Shark fin antennas will be specific to the make and model of car, and design; materials; features; capabilities; and fittings and fixtures will vary. The shark fin antenna is connected by wires to the car stereo by a cable which, with satellite connection, goes via a satellite radio receiver housed in front the cabin of the car. Replacing the original aerial on your car with a Lexus shark fin antenna will guarantee you get the right part that will fit the make and model of your vehicle perfectly.
If you're fitting a shark fin antenna on your car for the first time, or you are replacing the shark fin antenna on your car due to damage, choosing the Lexus shark fin antenna will ensure you get a part that is compatible with the make and model of your vehicle. An accessory offering a modern look, the Lexus shark fin antenna is the ideal choice for car owners who want to make a statement and stand out a little from the crowd.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.