Used Lexus Side Steps
All used Lexus Side Steps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Side Steps
The Lexus side step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting the vehicle on the side to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed where the sill sits, directly beneath the side doors on the vehicle, the side step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. The side step may come with a pre-cut sill which can then be used in conjunction with the side step or you may need to cut the original sill to shape it to fit with the side step in place.
The Lexus side step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Side steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's. Side steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often side steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Side steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit side steps to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The side steps on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the side steps to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new side step on your car, choosing the Lexus side step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.