Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Steering Boxs
All used Lexus Steering Boxs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Boxs
In order to translate the rotation of a motor vehicle’s steering wheel to the turning of its wheels requires some form of steering system. All motor vehicles have one of two types of steering system; either a rack and pinion system or a Lexussteering box. The Lexussteering box system works by translating the rotation of the steering wheel as the driver turns it into the left and right movement of the pitman arm, which connects to the front wheels via a track rod or centre link, idler arm (which resembles a pitman arm and is situated on the opposite side of the car) and tie rods. Most steering box linkages consist of ball bearings that circulate in a path. As a consequence, this type of Lexussteering box system is known as the “re-circulating ball.”
In comparison to the rack and pinion system the Lexussteering box has a greater degree of free play, which means that there is a greater tendency for the parts to wear.
If a Lexussteering box is badly worn it will result in steering problems, which might include steering wheel shudder, tram-lining and play in the steering wheel. Because of the potential consequences of steering failure, a worn Lexussteering box needs to be replaced at the earliest opportunity.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!