Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Steering Column Cowlings
All used Lexus Steering Column Cowlings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Column Cowlings
A motor vehicle’s steering column contains a variety of electrical wires and connections. The operation of the windscreen wipers and the vehicle’s lights are almost always based in switches on either side of the steering column. In many vehicles, the horn, cruise control, audio system controls and even the gear shift are located in the steering column.
Because the steering column contains so many mechanical and electrical parts it needs to be protected and the way in which this protection is achieved is by way of the Lexussteering column cowling. In simple terms, the Lexussteering column cowling is a cover, typically made from plastic, which is used to enclose the contents of the steering column. Not only does this protect the electrical parts from the risk of damp and short circuits it also keeps moisture and dust away from the mechanical parts.
Most steering column cowlings come in two pieces, for ease of fitting and removal. Although a relatively cheap and straightforward component, it still plays an invaluable role in protecting the contents of the steering column and the steering assembly from the effects of damp and dirt and protects the driver from possible contact with the vehicle’s electrics. Replacement of a broken Lexussteering column cowling is relatively cheap and simple.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!