Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Steering Idlers
All used Lexus Steering Idlers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Idlers
On a motor vehicle that has a conventional parallelogram steering linkage, the Lexussteering idler is a vital component, providing pivotal support. It achieves this by supporting the end of the centre link of the steering gear on the passenger side of the vehicle. The Lexussteering idler, which is alternatively referred to as the idler arm, is bolted to the frame or sub-frame of the vehicle. It is commonly attached between the opposite side of the centre link from the Pitman arm to the vehicle’s frame. From there, it holds the centre link at the appropriate height.
If the Lexussteering idler is not performing its function properly, the vehicle is likely to wander around the road. It is also likely that excessive play will be felt in the steering wheel. There are alternative possible causes for these issues, including the operation of connected assemblies such as the tie rods and the Pitman arm, although steering idlers are generally more susceptible to wear and tear than Pitman arms because of the pivoting function that is built into them.
A Lexussteering idler is relatively easy to fit and is not particularly expensive yet it is a critical component in the efficient operation of the steering linkage of a motor vehicle.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.