Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Steering Lock & Keys
All used Lexus Steering Lock & Keys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Lock & Keys
A Lexussteering lock and key is an important safety and anti-theft device that is fitted to most modern motor vehicles. The device was first used in motor cars in the late 1960s and early 1970s and played an important role in drastically reducing the incidence of car theft. The Lexussteering lock and key is normally fitted to the vehicle’s steering column beneath the steering wheel. The lock is generally associated with the vehicle ignition switch and is activated and deactivated either by way of a key or via the vehicle’s electronic control unit.
If the key barrel of the Lexussteering lock and key becomes worn or is jammed by a foreign object it may not be possible to disengage the lock. If this cannot be rectified by a locksmith it will be necessary to access a replacement part. This involves the removal of the steering column cover and locating the locking mechanism, which is normally wrapped around the steering column. On some models it is possible to buy a replacement part with the same key number as the damaged lock. This saves on the cost of buying a new key and also avoids the possibility of having to carry a separate key for the ignition/steering lock and the vehicle’s doors.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.