Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Steering Pulleys
All used Lexus Steering Pulleys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Steering Pulleys
In order to reduce the effort required to steer a vehicle, most modern cars are fitted with a power assisted steering system. The system involves a variety of parts that work in conjunction to provide sufficient assistance to reduce the load on the driver when steering the car. This is especially useful when the vehicle is large and heavy and/or has oversized tyres.
One of the components that plays a part in the power steering system is the Lexussteering pulley. The Lexussteering pulley is normally made from solid steel and is round in shape. The essential part that it plays in the power steering system is to drive the power steering pump via a belt. There are two types of belt that a Lexussteering pulley is employed to drive. The first of these is a single V-type belt whilst the other is the serpentine belt, which is used to drive a range of different peripheral devices in a motor vehicle, including the power steering pump.
A Lexussteering pulley is usually sized to enable the power steering pump to operate at a speed faster than the engine.
The Lexussteering pulley will only need to be removed to replace it if it is damaged or to replace the power steering pump or a leaking pump seal.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.
- Although you could buy a Lexus car almost anywhere in the world, it wasn't until 2005 that they started selling in Japan!
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.
- The Lexus LS can be delivered with a custom wooden steering wheel. It's a highly complex addition that requires 67 separate manufacturing steps and usually takes about 31 days to build.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.