Used Lexus Step Rears
All used Lexus Step Rears listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Step Rears
The Lexus rear step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting at the rear of the vehicle to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed below the boot, directly above the rear bumper, the rear step sits directly beneath the rear entrance on the vehicle. The rear step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. In some models the rear step fits into the structure of the rear bumper itself.
The Lexus rear step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Rear steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's, that have the extra fold-down seats in the rear of the vehicle.
Rear steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often rear steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Rear steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit a rear step to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The rear step on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the rear step to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new rear step on your car, choosing the Lexus rear step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.