Used Lexus Sub Frames
All used Lexus Sub Frames listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Sub Frames
The Lexus sub frame is a structural part of the car's chassis that sits within the larger frame of the chassis and can accommodate the engine, transmission and steering components and acts as a base to fix the suspension to the vehicle.
A sub frame helps to reinforce the chassis and is usually made of thick steel tubing or panels which are spot welded or welded together and bolted or welded onto the car. Modern front wheel drive vehicles have a separate front and rear sub frame, which helps to spread the weight of the vehicle evenly, improving the overall handling of the vehicle on the road.
The main function of the Lexus sub frame is to assist the chassis in helping to take some of the strain, and balance the load of the vehicle. The sub frame is also responsible for absorbing and dampening some of the vibrations produced by the engine and, if fixed with springs or rubber bushings, they can also help to absorb some of the noise. The sub frame also functions to absorb some of the impact of a collision, helping to distribute the force of the impact across the entire car which results in minimising the impact experienced by the occupants of the car in a crash.
Sub frames can become misaligned which can affect the suspension and steering and cause the vehicle to vibrate when in motion. Often the cost to rebuild and realign an old or damaged sub frame far exceeds the cost of buying a new one. Whether you need a new sub frame because you are embarking on a project to build your own car, or the current sub frame needs replacing because of damage received in an accident, or it's suffering from old age with the metal tired and rusted, buying a Lexus sub frame will ensure you get the perfect component for the car make and model you require.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- It is estimated that up to 80% of Lexus owners also own Apple devices, but nobody is quite sure of the link between the two!
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.