Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Suspension Spheress
All used Lexus Suspension Spheress listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Suspension Spheress
Lexus suspension spheres as the name suggests are hollow metal spherical containers used in a hydraulic suspension system. They work by using pressurised nitrogen gas and hydraulic fluid or LHM (A mineral oil) which is separated by a damper valve inside. Nitrogen gas is used because it will not cause corrosion to the sphere. The hydraulic fluid/mineral oil section is connected to the car’s hydraulic system which pressurises the fluid. When driving the nitrogen gas creates pressure on the hydraulic fluid/oil below and is compressed during the movement of the vehicle.
The suspension spheres operate in a similar way to the conventional spring suspension system and are situated in the same location.
Signs that a suspension sphere needs replacing can include vibration through the steering wheel, excessive bounce or that the suspension feels solid or making clunking noises. These issues are usually caused by a loss of nitrogen gas through use. More modern Lexus suspension spheres have addressed this issue by including multiple membranes to their spheres to help limit gas losses. In some cases it’s possible to correct the gas issue temporarily by using a portable gas suspension pump such as the Lexus Hydragas suspension pump.
- In 2018, Lexus sold almost 700,000 cars, and since its founding in 1989 has sold a whopping 10 million vehicles. That makes Lexus the fourth best-selling luxury car brand in the world after Mercedes, BMW, and Audi.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- You won't find any imperfections in a Lexus engine, because they are made using a vacuum cast.