Find parts for your car
Used Lexus Water Pumps
All used Lexus Water Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Water Pumps
The main function of the cooling system is to keep the engine cool and stop it from overheating. Coolant, a combination of water and anti-freeze is responsible for helping to make sure the engine doesn't overheat. The cooling system does its job by allowing liquid coolant to move through the engine. The liquid absorbs the heat from the engine which in turn cools the engine down. Part of the car's cooling system, the Lexus water pump functions to pump water and liquid coolant around the cooling system in an internal combustion engine. Its purpose is to keep the system running at the correct temperature for optimum engine performance and efficiency, preventing overheating of the engine.
Situated in the engine compartment, and sealed so as to the block with a water pump gasket, to prevent leaks, the Lexus water pump is driven by the drive belt/cam belt which is connected to the engine's crankshaft.
The water pump, usually a box manufactured from either iron or aluminium, pumps liquid and circulates it throughout the system whenever the engine is in operation. The liquid being pumped out of the pump travels through the engine into the cylinder head, where it continues into the radiator and ends up back at the pump and the cycle is repeated. The correct amount of coolant needs to be present, and the right amount of coolant flowing through the radiator at all times that the car is in motion. If the coolant levels are too low this can have fatal results for the cooling system and subsequently the engine. The water pump plays an important role in enabling the engine to function as efficiently as possible and to perform at its best.
If the water pump fails, this will lead to the engine overheating because the liquid coolant is unable to circulate through the system. There are many problems that can arise with your car's cooling system so it is advisable to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Lexus water pump is the ideal choice when you need to replace this part.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus seats are made of leather. However, the leather has to come from cows that are kept on farms that don't use barbed wire.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!