Used Lexus Window Motor Cables
All used Lexus Window Motor Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Window Motor Cables
There are different types of electric window mechanisms. Most commonly the use of a motor and a mechanism with a worm gear and a curved cogged arm are employed to create the up and down movement of the window glass. Another type uses a motor and a mechanism that has cables that are wound and unwound on spools to create the lift and drop of the window glass.
Problems with the cable type can be through lack of lubrication between the inner cable and the outer sleeve. This results in resistance and slowing of the mechanism and the speed of the movement in the window, or can be a complete seizure of the cable and a resulting snapping of the cable.
Replacement of the cable requires removal of the electric motor with its attached mechanism.
The motor and mechanism is located behind the the door card trim in the door cavity. Access to the motor and mechanism with the cables, requires the removal of the door card trim and the disconnection of the electrical connections.
- Although Mexico is a huge market, Lexus doesn't have a single dealership there. While Lexus has a presence in over 90 countries, they are conspicuously absent from the 13th largest car market on the planet!
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- Lexus spent a reported £1billion on developing the first generation LS. Reportedly, 1400 engineers were recruited, 2300 technicians worked on the car, and 450 prototypes were built.
- Lexus was the idea of the head of Toyota USA. Yukiyasu Togo wanted a luxury car for Toyota, but it was considered impossible by the rest of the company to compete with BMW or Mercedes.