Used Lexus Window Regulator Mechanisms
All used Lexus Window Regulator Mechanisms listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Window Regulator Mechanisms
The Lexus window regulator mechanism is the device which allows the person sitting in the car to open and close the window next to them.
Concealed behind the door panel, the window regulator mechanism is either manual or electric. Manual window regulator mechanisms are operated by a handle on the side panel of the door beneath the window. This handle is connected to the winder mechanism, and when the handle is turned by hand this causes the window regulator mechanism to wind or unwind the window accordingly, with the rotation of the handle. When the handle is turned the cable it's connected to is wound around a spool attached to a gear mechanism which winds the window up or down. Electric window regulator mechanisms are powered by a motor which is activated by a switch within easy reach of the driver, usually found on the dashboard, arm rest or door panel. All electric windows in the car can be controlled by the driver's controls but individual windows will usually have a switch to operate them individually too. The glass in car windows is held in place when the window opens or closes by track assemblies which assists with the smooth operation of the window.
If the Lexus window regulator mechanism is damaged the mechanism won't work properly and the window will move slowly and judder, or simply stop working and get jammed open or shut. When buying a replacement window regulator mechanism it is important to make sure you choose the right Lexus window regulator mechanism so it will fit the make and model of your car.
- The 24 hour Nurburgring race is always a good event, but Lexus were the first to enter the race with a hybrid car, the RX 400h. Its success in the event led many other manufacturers to look more closely at hybrid cars. Now, Lexus sells more hybrid cars than any other manufacturer, and in the UK, as many as 95% of all Lexus cars sold are hybrids.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- The engine is so good on a Lexus LFA that analogue tachometers couldn't keep up. The company had no choice but to use digital tachometers.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.