Used Lexus Windscreen Scuttle Panels
All used Lexus Windscreen Scuttle Panels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Lexus are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen Scuttle Panels
The Lexus windscreen scuttle panel is a panel which sits between the windscreen and bonnet, where the windscreen wipers are mounted. The scuttle panel serves to protect the components housed beneath while providing a streamlined appearance.
The wiper motor and linkage mechanism is located beneath the bonnet and is generally concealed by the scuttle panel. The wiper arms are normally bolted or attached to the linkage on studs or splines that protrude through the scuttle panel. The scuttle panel can also conceal other components such as the pollen filter in some cars. The scuttle panel prevents unwanted items of debris, such as mud, leaves and sticks from reaching the engine compartment and some scuttle panels house air vents which help to ventilate the engine compartment. The scuttle panel also serves to drain the excess water from the windscreen.
The windscreen scuttle panel is essentially a large, functional piece of trim that's contoured to line the foot of the windscreen, providing a sleek and tidy appearance to the exterior of the car. The scuttle panel is often made of plastic but chrome is a popular choice for some car manufacturers.
Apart from affecting the cosmetic appearance of the car, a broken windscreen scuttle panel, if badly damaged, could let water into the car and other unwanted debris could find it's way into the engine compartment. Replacing this part with the Lexus scuttle panel will ensure you get the right part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- Paul McCartney had a Lexus built for him. His personal LS 600h contained no animal products!
- Lexus has official paint inspectors, and they have to pass a lot of tests to get this prestigious role. They then have to pass a test every four years in order to be allowed to continue in the position.
- Lexus vehicles are consistently voted the best in reliability. In a Vehicle Dependability Study, they topped the rankings for eight consecutive years. A YouTube star, Matt Farah, has famously driven over one million miles in his Lexus.
- Thanks, in part, to the popularity of the Lexus in the US, the 1990s saw the name appear in the top 100 most popular girl's names in the country.
- The Lexus LS has a unique engine sound, largely thanks to the company calling in sound engineer experts from audio specialists Yamaha to fine-tune the notes of the engine.