Find parts for your car
- Air Con Compressor/Pump (20) Apply Air Con Compressor/Pump filter
- Air Con Pipes (20) Apply Air Con Pipes filter
- Aircon Compressor (28) Apply Aircon Compressor filter
- Aircon Pipe (20) Apply Aircon Pipe filter
- Aircon Radiator (20) Apply Aircon Radiator filter
- Aircon Relay (20) Apply Aircon Relay filter
- Aircon Switch (20) Apply Aircon Switch filter
- Clutch Kit (8) Apply Clutch Kit filter
- Heater Control Panel (20) Apply Heater Control Panel filter
- Heater Controls (20) Apply Heater Controls filter
- Heater Direction Control Switch (20) Apply Heater Direction Control Switch filter
Used Mazda 2 Aircon Compressor
All used Mazda 2 Aircon Compressor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices or used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Mazda 2 from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Aircon Compressor
Your car's air conditioning system conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in your car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in your car, so it stops the air getting too humid. Your car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in your car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside your car.
The 2 Mazda aircon compressor, also referred to as the aircon pump, is usually found at the front of the engine, immediately inside the car grill. It looks similar to a small motor with a big wheel on the end of it, which is an electrically operated clutch that turns the compressor on and off when more cool air is required. The 2 Mazda aircon compressor is powered by a serpentine belt which is attached to the crankshaft of the car's engine.
The 2 Mazda aircon compressor is at the heart of the car's air conditioning system and its role is similar to that of a heart, in that it pumps the refrigerant gas around the closed loop air conditioning system to the aircon condenser. The aircon compressor, therefore, has a vital part to play and if it is damaged or faulty the entire air conditioning system will suffer. The 2 Mazda aircon compressor works by using heat from the air in the car, pressurising it into hot gas and then pumping it into the aircon condenser, where it is cooled and then pumped into the aircon evaporator and flows into the car as cold air. This whole process is then repeated over and again.
Problems can, of course, occur with the 2 Mazda aircon compresso. At worst, it can blow up as a result of high pressure or if there is not enough refrigerant vapour circulating, but this is rare. A leak in the aircon compressor will mean you're losing refrigerant and will need to be addressed. The motor can be prone to overheating if the air conditioning system has not been fitted properly, for example, which can cause damage to the compressor. If the aircon system isn't producing any cold air at all, then it is likely to be a broken compressor or a slipping compressor clutch. A slipping compressor clutch can also be the cause of insufficient cold air. If you are having problems like this with the air conditioning in your car, it is a good idea to talk with your mechanic as you may need a new 2 Mazda aircon compressor.
- The attempt by Mazda to make a fast electric car was very successful. The Mazda RX-7 was built in 1979 and could reach an impressive 111.8mph.
- Mazda loves a good slogan, and they've used a lot of them in their long history. Aside from their most famous "Zoom Zoom", they've also used less snappy slogans like, "It just feels right", and Get in. Be moved."
- In 2010, 459 Mazda MX-5s all gathered at the UNESCO Zollverein World Heritage Site in Germany. This is the largest parade of Mazdas in the manufacturer's history.
- The name Mazda comes from both the name of the founder (Jujiro Matsuda) and the Zoroastrian God of Wisdom, Ahura Mazda.
- The 1975 Mazda Roadpacer came with a unique (at the time) anti-hijacking feature. When driving at more than 10mph, the car automatically performed central locking on all of the doors. It also got 9mpg, but it's the central locking that stands out.