Find parts for your car
Used Mazda Air Injection Valves
All used Mazda Air Injection Valves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mazda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Air Injection Valves
The Mazda air injection valve is a small but important part of the car's air intake system. Its job is to allow air from the air pump to enter the exhaust system whilst stopping the reverse flow of exhaust fumes back into the air intake system.
The Mazda air injection valve is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It is attached to the Mazda air hose which is connected to the air flow sensor which is attached to the Mazda air filter box.
It is imperative that the engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The Mazda air injection valve plays a part in this process by ensuring fumes do not go back into the engine. This type of valve is known as a check valve, because it checks or stops the flow of gas in one direction. It has an important part to play in the overall performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently and effectively as possible. By stopping exhaust fumes from re-entering the car's air intake system, the Mazda air injection valve helps to prevent damage to the engine.
If there is a problem with the Mazda air injection valve you will see the Check Engine Light come on. You may also notice that your fuel consumption is significantly increased and your car's CO2 emissions may be higher. The Mazda air injection valve will wear over time and will eventually need replacing. Make sure that is the air intake valve that is faulty and not a blockage or problem elsewhere such as the air hose, air filter, air intake pipe or air pump. If certain the problem lies with the air injection valve, replacing it with a new Mazda air injection valve will mean you get the right part for the make and model of your vehicle.
- Mazda is the only Japanese car manufacturer to have ever won the 24 Hours of Le Mans contest. They won in 1991 with the rotary-powered 787B, sending shockwaves throughout the racing community.
- The small, lightweight RX-3 caused a huge uproar in the '70s when it won the Japanese Grand Prix touring car category. The reason for the shock was that it beat the Skyline GT-R!
- Mazda has always been big fans of the rotary engine, and although they originally started using them to help distinguish themselves from other car manufacturers, they are still the only car manufacturer to mass-produce rotary engine-powered vehicles.
- Mazda is the only Japanese car manufacturer not to be based in Tokyo. Instead, they work out of Hiroshima and were there when a nuclear bomb was dropped. The Mazda factories actually survived the atomic bomb thanks to a small mountain being in the way.
- The first vehicle that Mazda ever produced was a three-wheeled truck called the Mazda-go. Only 66 were built in total for its release in 1931.