Used Mazda Airbag Seats
All used Mazda Airbag Seats listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mazda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Seats
The airbag system is an important part of the car safety system. The airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. This is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Mazda airbag seat is located in the seat, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a side collision, by inflating between the person and the door, avoiding damage to the person's torso and shoulders.
The Mazda airbag seat reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the driver sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of the shoulder and torso with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Mazda airbag seat needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning properly and fully, and that an important component such as the Mazda airbag seat is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately. The person needs to be seated properly and wearing a seatbelt for the Mazda airbag seat to work correctly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Mazda airbag seat the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Mazda airbag seat inflates you will need to replace it with a new Mazda airbag seat as airbags cannot be reused.
- Mazda entered the US market in 1987 with its first production facility just outside of Detroit. Car company Ford then joined with Mazda at the facility, and the two car brands have been in a collaborative relationship ever since.
- The Mazda logo is meant to be an owl, expressing Mazda's goal of expanding its wings for the future.
- The small, lightweight RX-3 caused a huge uproar in the '70s when it won the Japanese Grand Prix touring car category. The reason for the shock was that it beat the Skyline GT-R!
- Cars can take many years to move from concept to rolling off the production line, but the CX-3 crossover SUV was taken from inception to completion in just 13 months!
- The attempt by Mazda to make a fast electric car was very successful. The Mazda RX-7 was built in 1979 and could reach an impressive 111.8mph.