Used Mazda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Mazda Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mazda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Mazda automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Mazda automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Mazda automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Mazda automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Mazda automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Mazda automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Mazda automatic gearbox transmission.
- Mazda is the only Japanese car manufacturer to have ever won the 24 Hours of Le Mans contest. They won in 1991 with the rotary-powered 787B, sending shockwaves throughout the racing community.
- Mazda has always been big fans of the rotary engine, and although they originally started using them to help distinguish themselves from other car manufacturers, they are still the only car manufacturer to mass-produce rotary engine-powered vehicles.
- The fastest RX-7 in the world is the Racing Beat Bonneville. It was clocked at 242mph, and with a modified 13G lump, it was expected to get up to 300mph.
- The name Mazda comes from both the name of the founder (Jujiro Matsuda) and the Zoroastrian God of Wisdom, Ahura Mazda.
- The Mazda MX-5 Miata is in the Guinness Book of Records for being the best-selling 2-seat sports car of all time. It was designed by former car journalist Bob Hall.