Used Mazda Power Steering Pumps
All used Mazda Power Steering Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mazda are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Power Steering Pumps
Power steering assists the driver of a car to steer and control the vehicle, allowing the driver to turn and steer the wheel with ease. With power steering very little force or effort is required by the driver, the power is provided by the power steering system. Power steering is a useful feature for many drivers as it can ease fatigue brought on by driving and can offer additional control of the vehicle.
The Mazda power steering pump is attached to the engine of the car by a serpentine belt.
The Mazda power steering pump plays an important part in the power steering process by harnessing power from the engine, to pump the steering fluid through the system to the steering rack. When the driver turns the steering wheel the pressurised fluid inside the Mazda power steering pump moves the piston that controls the gears that steer the car. The Mazda power steering pump adjusts the amount of steering fluid it pumps to the steering rack based on the speed the car is moving.
If there is a fault with the Mazda power steering pump the warning light will illuminate on the dashboard. If it is difficult to steer the car and the wheels of the car are stiff and increasingly tough to turn it is likely to be an indication of a fault with the power steering. The power steering pump, if defective, can leak causing the steering fluid to drain away and the whole system will cease to function properly. It is very important to get the power steering system inspected by a professional as a failure with the power steering could result in an accident if the steering wheel locks. When replacing the power steering pump it is vital to source a Mazda power steering pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Mazda has always been big fans of the rotary engine, and although they originally started using them to help distinguish themselves from other car manufacturers, they are still the only car manufacturer to mass-produce rotary engine-powered vehicles.
- Mazda is the only Japanese car manufacturer to have ever won the 24 Hours of Le Mans contest. They won in 1991 with the rotary-powered 787B, sending shockwaves throughout the racing community.
- The name Mazda comes from both the name of the founder (Jujiro Matsuda) and the Zoroastrian God of Wisdom, Ahura Mazda.
- The fastest RX-7 in the world is the Racing Beat Bonneville. It was clocked at 242mph, and with a modified 13G lump, it was expected to get up to 300mph.
- Mazda is the only Japanese car manufacturer not to be based in Tokyo. Instead, they work out of Hiroshima and were there when a nuclear bomb was dropped. The Mazda factories actually survived the atomic bomb thanks to a small mountain being in the way.