Used Mercedes-Benz Airbag Roofs
All used Mercedes-Benz Airbag Roofs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Roofs
The airbag system is a crucial part of the car safety system. Having an airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a seriously clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Mercedes-Benz airbag roof is located in a protective casing in the roof of the car above the person’s head, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a rollover crash or a high impact frontal crash.
The Mercedes-Benz airbag roof reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the person sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Mercedes-Benz airbag roof needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning fully, and that an important component such as the Mercedes-Benz airbag roof is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The person needs to be seated correctly and wearing a seatbelt for the Mercedes-Benz airbag roof to work properly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Mercedes-Benz airbag roof the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Mercedes-Benz airbag roof inflates you will need to replace it with a new Mercedes-Benz airbag roof as airbags cannot be reused.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.
- Unlike most cars, Mercedes vehicles are not spray painted. Instead, they are completely submerged in anti-corrosion coating and primer. That means the protective liquid can get into every part of the car.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).