Used Mercedes-Benz Side Doors
All used Mercedes-Benz Side Doors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Side Doors
The Mercedes-Benz side door is used by the driver and the passengers sitting in the back seats of the car, to enter and exit the car.
A standard car door usually opens outwards and is usually fixed to the frame of the car by a hinge. The Mercedes-Benz side door is fitted with a section of glass, which makes up the car window.
Most manufacturers of modern cars favour aluminum for parts such as car doors, because it is strong durable and rustproof while being lightweight. Car doors can also be made of steel and strong plastics. The interior of a car door, referred to as the car door panel, will usually consist of a strong plastic cover, lined with various materials such as leather or vinyl, to blend with the rest of the interior design. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, the car door panel houses controls such as electric window controls, and the locking mechanism for the door.
Whether the model> side door has been damaged, not working properly, needs replacing due to general wear and tear or you're simply renovating your car, it's important when replacing the side door that you purchase a Mercedes-Benz side door to ensure it's compatible with the make, model and year of your car so that it not only fits your car correctly but also blends in with the design and appearance of your car.
- If you thought self-driving cars were all about Tesla, then it might surprise you to know that Mercedes Benz made an autonomously driving vehicle as early as 1995. It didn't gain popularity, but it became the foundation of the modern driving technology found in every Mercedes Benz.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- Most people think of silver when they think of a Mercedes, but that iconic colour was an accident. Just before a race in 1934, the white-painted W25 was found to be 1kg over the weight limit. The paint was quickly removed, the weight limit reached, and the car won the race.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.