Find parts for your car
Used Mercedes-Benz CLK Tail Gate Struts
All used Mercedes-Benz CLK Tail Gate Struts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Mercedes-Benz CLK are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Gate Struts
The CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts are rods which form part of the framework of the tail gate on the vehicle and are used to hold the tailgate/rear boot up and in place when it 's open.
The CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts are positioned on either side of the boot so that the boot lid is held in place evenly and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards.
The CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts use a gas spring mechanism to work, which uses gas inside a cylinder, compressed by a piston, to apply force, which keeps the strut rigid and extended and able to support the weight of the boot while it's open. This mechanism also helps to make opening the boot a smooth and easy operation. The internal mechanisms are housed in a rod which is sealed in an outer casing.
Loss of gas is the usual cause of failure in the CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts. Damage can occur to the seal, enabling gas to leak out every time the boot is open, i.e. every time the tail gate struts open and shut. Faulty or broken CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts may mean that the boot is hard to open, won't stay open fully or just slams shut again. When replacing the tail gate struts on your vehicle, buying new CLK Mercedes-Benz tail gate struts will ensure perfect compatibility with the make and model of your car. It's advisable to replace both sides of the tail gate struts at the same time to make sure the pressure is balanced and equal in both struts.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- Most people think of silver when they think of a Mercedes, but that iconic colour was an accident. Just before a race in 1934, the white-painted W25 was found to be 1kg over the weight limit. The paint was quickly removed, the weight limit reached, and the car won the race.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- The longest sedan vehicle available in today's car market is the S-Class Pullman, at a mind-boggling 6.5 metres long. Bear in mind that the average length of a sedan is only 4.7 metres!