Used Mercedes-Benz Door Check Strapss
All used Mercedes-Benz Door Check Strapss listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Check Strapss
The Mercedes-Benz door check straps is the part that stops the door opening too far and too fast.
It allows the car door to stay open fully open as well as enabling a half way stopping point when you open the door, stopping the door from swinging open too far, which can damage the hinges, while also stopping the door from slamming shut.
Positioned directly beneath the top door hinge, the Mercedes-Benz door check straps connects to the door, usually with pins or bolts, and is concealed in the A-post. The components that hold the check straps to the car body are inserted through a sheet which is welded, from the inside, to the car body.
If the securing bolts or pins are loose this can damage the door strap mechanism and cause the door to rock when it is opened or closed. The metal can wear if bolts are not secured properly and this can result in needing to replace the Mercedes-Benz door check straps. Parts like this do, over the course of time, wear out, corrode and stop functioning properly. When looking to replace this part with one that is compatible with your car, buying a new Mercedes-Benz door check straps is the ideal choice.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.
- Mercedes are responsible for a lot of 'firsts' in their long history, including the world's first production of a diesel car. Very impressive, but it only had three wheels. Production stopped pretty quickly in the late 1950s.
- Ever noticed that you've never heard a Mercedes rattle or make any kind of squealing sound? You never will either, because all of their vehicles are welded in up to 10,000 places! You're not going to find a loose nut or bolt rolling around.
- The Popemobile is a Mercedes Benz M-Class SUV. It's not a standard model, however, and has some added features like an inbuilt oxygen system and bulletproof glass.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.