Used Mercedes-Benz Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds
All used Mercedes-Benz Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox Transmission Selspeeds
The Mercedes-Benz gearbox transmission selespeed is a manual electro-hydraulic transmission used in Alfa Romeo vehicles and was first introduced in 1999. Whilst the transmission is manual, it also features an electronic clutch.
The Mercedes-Benz gearbox transmission selespeed has an unusual setup that is operated by using either paddles on the steering wheel to control the gears or using a joystick to select them. This choice is down to personal preference for the driver who can choose to use one or both during the drive. The joystick is given priority over the paddles by the vehicle. With the paddle system, there is a left paddle that shifts gears down and a right paddle which shifts gears upwards. The inner workings of the Mercedes-Benz gearbox transmission selespeed operates in a similar way to a normal gearbox.
The Mercedes-Benz gearbox transmission selespeed can be prone to failure, which are most commonly associated with the selenoids or the sensors. Signs of failure can include a difficulty in changing gears to the required gear, an inability to move out of neutral or total gearbox failure. Other issues could be caused by a selespeed pump failure, which can blow the selespeed fuse.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).
- Mercedes are responsible for a lot of 'firsts' in their long history, including the world's first production of a diesel car. Very impressive, but it only had three wheels. Production stopped pretty quickly in the late 1950s.
- The longest sedan vehicle available in today's car market is the S-Class Pullman, at a mind-boggling 6.5 metres long. Bear in mind that the average length of a sedan is only 4.7 metres!