Find parts for your car
Used Mercedes-Benz Starter solenoids
All used Mercedes-Benz Starter solenoids listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter solenoids
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start. The starter motor relay acts as an ON/OFF voltage control switch, allowing an electric current to flow from the battery to the starter motor. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a starter solenoid switch to the motor.
The starter motor relay will be housed in the relay box, usually found underneath the dashboard. The relay connects to the car's battery, as well as connecting to the specific part that the relay is functioning, in this case the starter motor, via a Mercedes-Benz starter solenoid.
The starter motor relay is made up of a coiled wire which is attached to a strong magnetic base, such as iron, which generates a magnetic field when the electric current flows through it, which either opens or closes the starter solenoid/connection which starts or stops the current to the motor.
Faults can occur with the electrical contacts, relay coil and wiring. The connections can overheat and corrode. Moisture can also seep inside the relay which can compromise the proper functioning of the starter solenoid. It's important when replacing the starter solenoid to buy a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle. Buying the Mercedes-Benz starter solenoid will guarantee you get the right component that's designed specifically for the make and model of your car.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).
- Mercedes are responsible for a lot of 'firsts' in their long history, including the world's first production of a diesel car. Very impressive, but it only had three wheels. Production stopped pretty quickly in the late 1950s.
- The longest sedan vehicle available in today's car market is the S-Class Pullman, at a mind-boggling 6.5 metres long. Bear in mind that the average length of a sedan is only 4.7 metres!
- Nepal had very few roads at the time, but the car company still gifted a shiny new Merc to the king of the country in 1940. It was the first car that had ever been in Nepal!