Used Mercedes-Benz Step Rears
All used Mercedes-Benz Step Rears listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Step Rears
The Mercedes-Benz rear step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting at the rear of the vehicle to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed below the boot, directly above the rear bumper, the rear step sits directly beneath the rear entrance on the vehicle. The rear step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. In some models the rear step fits into the structure of the rear bumper itself.
The Mercedes-Benz rear step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Rear steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's, that have the extra fold-down seats in the rear of the vehicle.
Rear steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often rear steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Rear steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit a rear step to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The rear step on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the rear step to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new rear step on your car, choosing the Mercedes-Benz rear step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.
- In 1924, Mercedes Benz became the first car manufacturer to include brakes on all four of a car's wheels. Not long after, in 1931, they also added suspension springs to the corners of the Mercedes Benz 170.
- Nepal had very few roads at the time, but the car company still gifted a shiny new Merc to the king of the country in 1940. It was the first car that had ever been in Nepal!
- Most people think of silver when they think of a Mercedes, but that iconic colour was an accident. Just before a race in 1934, the white-painted W25 was found to be 1kg over the weight limit. The paint was quickly removed, the weight limit reached, and the car won the race.