Used Mercedes-Benz Tail Lights
All used Mercedes-Benz Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Mercedes-Benz from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Mercedes-Benz rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Mercedes-Benz rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Mercedes-Benz tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).
- Mercedes are responsible for a lot of 'firsts' in their long history, including the world's first production of a diesel car. Very impressive, but it only had three wheels. Production stopped pretty quickly in the late 1950s.
- The longest sedan vehicle available in today's car market is the S-Class Pullman, at a mind-boggling 6.5 metres long. Bear in mind that the average length of a sedan is only 4.7 metres!
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Most people think of silver when they think of a Mercedes, but that iconic colour was an accident. Just before a race in 1934, the white-painted W25 was found to be 1kg over the weight limit. The paint was quickly removed, the weight limit reached, and the car won the race.