Used Mercedes-Benz Tonneau Covers
All used Mercedes-Benz Tonneau Covers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tonneau Covers
For drivers of convertible cars, a Mercedes-BenzTonneau cover is a valuable accessory to protect the unoccupied passenger seats and cover any luggage or other personal property that is left there when the car is unattended.
The three principal uses of the Mercedes-BenzTonneau cover are to keep the heat in a convertible car, to prevent the buffeting that occurs as a result of air being caught in the passenger compartment and thereby increase fuel economy, especially when the car is driven at high speed and, finally, to conceal any items that are left in the car when the driver is not there. When a passenger is being driven in the car and the Mercedes-BenzTonneau cover is not required it is easy to detach and store in the boot of the car until it is next needed. It is possible to use a Mercedes-BenzTonneau cover as an alternative to a soft top or hard top.
A Mercedes-BenzTonneau cover will normally be made from leather, vinyl or similar material. It is manufactured to the dimensions of the convertible vehicle whose unoccupied compartment it is to cover. The Tonneau cover stretches across the whole of the passenger compartment of the vehicle and has a zip fastener which enables all but the driver’s seat to be securely covered.
- If you thought self-driving cars were all about Tesla, then it might surprise you to know that Mercedes Benz made an autonomously driving vehicle as early as 1995. It didn't gain popularity, but it became the foundation of the modern driving technology found in every Mercedes Benz.
- Unlike most cars, Mercedes vehicles are not spray painted. Instead, they are completely submerged in anti-corrosion coating and primer. That means the protective liquid can get into every part of the car.
- Mercedes Benz cars have always been a big part of the Jurassic Park films, but the first movie went all out, with the stars emerging from a red Mercedes GLE Coupe before walking down the red carpet. Mercedes cars are also used throughout the film franchise.
- Karl Benz obviously gave his name to the company, but the Mercedes part of the name comes from the daughter of his customer and friend, Emil Jellinek. Her name was (obviously) Mercedes, and it's still surprising that her name remains so attached to the iconic car brand.
- That new car smell is always a delight, but a Mercedes owner gets to choose that smell. Perfume specialist Marc vom Ende created four different car smells for Mercedes Benz, called Sports Mood, Freeside Mood, Downtown Mood, and Nightlife Mood. They all smell a bit leathery.