Used Mercedes-Benz Windscreen Heateds
All used Mercedes-Benz Windscreen Heateds listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Mercedes-Benz are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Windscreen Heateds
The Mercedes-Benz front heated windscreen is a protective, curved, glass screen at the front of the car, which can de-mist and de-ice the windscreen in a matter of minutes.
The Mercedes-Benz heated front windscreen is made of safety glass, which prevents it from smashing into lots of pieces when broken, is fixed to the frame of the car at the front, and positioned directly in front of the driver and front passenger. Heated windscreens work by placing a web of wires between two layers of windscreen glass which, when activated, heat up and function to de-ice and de-fog the screen.
The primary purpose of the Mercedes-Benz font heated windscreen is to prevent debris from the road, such as stones, dirt, twigs, dust and other unwanted materials, from entering the car, offering protection to both the driver and passengers of the vehicle. The Mercedes-Benz heated front windscreen also shields both driver and passengers from whatever the weather is outside, offering shelter to the occupants of the car. The Mercedes-Benz front heated windscreen also ensures a smoother drive, enhancing the aerodynamics of the car as a whole.
The driver needs to look through the front windscreen to see the road ahead, so it's imperative that the Mercedes-Benz heated front windscreen is in perfect condition. Having the capability to heat the glass and clear any mist and ice that may disrupt vision means the Mercedes-Benz heated front windscreen helps to maintain a clean and clear front windscreen whatever the weather and road conditions. The model> front windscreen is prone to chips, cracks and scratches from debris, such as stones, flying up from the road. Damage such as this can be corrected if minor, but excessive damage to the model> heated front windscreen may lead to the whole windscreen needing to be replaced.
- Karl Benz founded the famous car company. He is not only credited as the maker of the world's first practical motorcar but also has the distinction of being the first person ever issued with a driving license (local citizens kept complaining about the noise and smell of his Motorwagen, and so he needed written permission to drive it).
- Most people think of silver when they think of a Mercedes, but that iconic colour was an accident. Just before a race in 1934, the white-painted W25 was found to be 1kg over the weight limit. The paint was quickly removed, the weight limit reached, and the car won the race.
- Nepal had very few roads at the time, but the car company still gifted a shiny new Merc to the king of the country in 1940. It was the first car that had ever been in Nepal!
- In 1924, Mercedes Benz became the first car manufacturer to include brakes on all four of a car's wheels. Not long after, in 1931, they also added suspension springs to the corners of the Mercedes Benz 170.
- If you thought self-driving cars were all about Tesla, then it might surprise you to know that Mercedes Benz made an autonomously driving vehicle as early as 1995. It didn't gain popularity, but it became the foundation of the modern driving technology found in every Mercedes Benz.