Used MG ZR Gearbox ECU
All used MG ZR Gearbox ECU listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for MG ZR are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox ECU
The ZR MG gear box ECU (sometimes known as a Transmission Control Unit) is an essential part of the gear box in an automatic vehicle, and monitors and controls the gear changes and transmission. This electrical part communicates with the engine ECU using a series of sensors that are positioned at strategic points in the vehicle. Using the information given to it by the sensors and the engine ECU it calculates when to change the vehicle’s gears to improve vehicle performance and minimise fuel consumption. These sensors tell the ZR MG gear box ECU what speed the vehicle is driving at, whether it is driving uphill or downhill, the temperature of the oil and the amount of torque generated by the torque converter.
Some vehicles have a combined ZR MG gear box ECU and engine ECU, known as a powertrain control module (PCM).
Damage to the ZR MG gear box ECU is likely down to the solenoids – magnetic wire coils that transport electric current. If your vehicle experiences problems with the ZR MG gear box ECU you may first notice a warning code displayed in your vehicle. If ignored, the gear box can fail resulting in an inability to change gears.
- Honda won the Manufacturer’s Championship for a four-year streak but was finally destroyed by MG in 2014 when the MG6 GT (which had only been competing for three years) beat its rival with an impressive 95-point win at Brands Hatch. MG also came second in the Constructors Championship in 2015.
- In 1931 the MG EX210 became the first 750cc car to beat the 100mph mark and managed 103.13mph. Nicknamed the Magic Midget, the EX120 took a few attempts to break that record, but it got there eventually.
- At the moment, MG cars hold an impressive 40 different world land speed records, which might explain why the current MG slogan is ‘Safety Fast’.
- The current MG range is rolling out of the production factory in Shanghai at a rate of 880 units per day. The manufacturing plant is a whopping 1.2 million square metres, and had led SAIC Motor to sell a LOT of cars. In 2018 alone, SAIC sold over 7 million vehicles.
- In the film Breathless, starring Richard Gere and Valerie Kaprisky, Gere’s car thief character steals a pink MGB. However, when the car went up for auction in the mid-1980s, it was revealed that the famous pink car was actually orange and not pink at all!