Find parts for your car
Used MG ZT Central Locking Pump
All used MG ZT Central Locking Pump listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for MG ZT are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Central Locking Pump
The ZT MG central locking pump is a vacuum pump that is located in the door behind the door trim, and is housed in a rubber housing to protect it. It is used to open and close the doors on a central locking system when the button on the key or fob is pressed. If a ZT MG central locking pump fails, it will result in the loss of central locking to the door it controls. This means that the door will be unable to be locked and unlocked, creating a potential security issue.
A vacuum-powered central locking system is virtually defunct in modern vehicles now due to the creation of electrical central locking systems. However some older cars, particularly older Mercedes Benz cars will use this system.
Failure of a ZT MG central locking pump will break the vacuum that is used to power the locking and unlocking mechanism, so the door will not open or close when the key button is pressed. It is possible that a failure of the central locking system is caused by a leak elsewhere in the vacuum, so it is important to check other components in the locking assembly to establish what has caused the failure
- Honda won the Manufacturer’s Championship for a four-year streak but was finally destroyed by MG in 2014 when the MG6 GT (which had only been competing for three years) beat its rival with an impressive 95-point win at Brands Hatch. MG also came second in the Constructors Championship in 2015.
- The MG3 is a big seller in the UK, and it’s ideal for those drivers that want to personalise their cars. The slogan for the MG3, and the slogan adopted by MG in the UK, is ‘Fun is Back’. This supermini MG was designed at Longbridge, in the same factory that the Mini was designed.
- At the moment, MG cars hold an impressive 40 different world land speed records, which might explain why the current MG slogan is ‘Safety Fast’.
- Quite a few celebrities have owned an MG. The Duke of Edinburgh had a TC model, while Prince Charles’ first ever car was a GT SHY 766F, which he loved so much that he kept it until he could pass it to Prince William. The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis, also had an MG, as did Geri Halliwell and Sharon Stone.
- In 1931 the MG EX210 became the first 750cc car to beat the 100mph mark and managed 103.13mph. Nicknamed the Magic Midget, the EX120 took a few attempts to break that record, but it got there eventually.