Used MINI Aerials
All used MINI Aerials listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The MINI aerial receives radio waves so that you can listen to the radio in your car.
Aerials are usually mounted onto the outside of the car but some cars have an aerial mounted internally. Internal aerials are usually fixed to the dashboard of the car. The aerial is connected to your car stereo by an aerial cable which houses the conductor needed to receive radio reception, and is essentially an extension of the center conductor inside the aerial cable.
There are various types of aerials available, such as manual aerials (retractable and non-retractable) including pillar mounted and roof mounted; electric aerials, which can be extended fully or retracted back into the body of the car, which is a useful function making it less likely to be damaged by corrosion due to the weather or broken off accidentally; and satellite aerials, which tend to be more expensive but the quality and reliability of reception is of a high standard. There is also an aerial sat nav which is used to receive a signal and send this to the sat nav. Each type of aerial has its benefits, so it's a good idea to give it some consideration before deciding which type of replacement MINI aerial is right for your car, making sure it is compatible with your car, though it is possible to buy an aerial adapter if needs be.
The MINI aerial may, of course, get damaged or become misaligned, or simply over a long period of use will stop working properly. If your MINI aerial snaps then you will, of course, need to buy a new one. If your aerial is still intact but you are experiencing poor reception and sound quality is getting worse over time, then this is a sign that you need to replace your MINI aerial. It is possible that your car will still be able to receive FM radio when the aerial has stopped working but if your car is unable to pick up a signal on the AM frequency then it is very possible the aerial is broken.
- It can be hard to keep track of all of the different companies that have owned MINI throughout its long history. At the moment, the name is owned by BMW, and MINI has its own independent division.
- The Mini has been voted second place in the most influential cars of all time. It was narrowly beaten by the Ford Model T.
- MINI export their cars to 110 different countries. The most popular markets are the US, Germany, and China. The UK is only the second biggest market for MINI.
- Where you'd expect to see a radio or speaker system in a Mini, was actually an ashtray in early models. The designer of the first Mini was a heavy smoker who believed that listening to the radio was more of a distraction than lighting a cigarette.
- In 1959 you could buy yourself a brand new Mini for just £497. That's about £2,342 in today's money. At the time, Minis were owned by members of The Beatles and (much to everyone's surprise) Enzo Ferrari.