Used MINI Aerial Cables
All used MINI Aerial Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for MINI are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aerial Cables
The MINI aerial cable is an insulated cable containing conductors, that connects the car radio to the aerial via an aerial plug and aerial socket.
Leading from the radio inside the car, the MINI aerial cable connects to the aerial on the outside of the car. The MINI aerial cable has a thin central conductor wire inside which is protected by a metal braid, both enclosed in a plastic covering. The conductor wire is what carries the signal and enables you to receive radio reception.
The MINI aerial cable can suffer from corrosion and this can cause a break in the cable. It is not unusual for the thin, fragile center conductor inside the aerial cable to break. If you have a faulty or broken aerial cable, the radio signal in your car will at best be intermittent and poor, or you will not be able to pick up a signal at all. More often than not a reception problem is caused by a faulty aerial cable.
If you need to replace your MINI aerial cable this is a fairly simple and quick procedure to get right, provided you ensure you purchase a good quality replacement that is suitable for the make and model of your vehicle.
- 10 years after he invented the Austin Mini, Sir Alec Issigonis was knighted in 1969 for his contribution to Britain.
- There's a lot of wasted space in a lot of cars, but not the Mini. Designers say that as much as 80% of their car's interiors can be used by passengers.
- It might have been a tight fit, but 27 people can fit into a Mini. The Guinness Book of Records confirmed that 27 could fit into the classic model Mini, although 28 people managed to get into the BMW Mini in 2012. The 27-person record was performed by Dani and the Miniskirts during the London to Brighton Mini-Run.
- Over the last 41 years, five and a half million Minis have been produced by MINI.
- MINI sells between 40,000 and 65,000 cars in the US every year, although that number is slowly dropping at the moment as smaller cars are going out of fashion.